2013: Concert by Lizards in the Hayloft!
On October 12th, at 7:30 pm, the Stearns-Burton Fund and the New Ipswich Historical Society will sponsor a concert featuring “The Lizards in the Hayloft,” hosted by the New Ipswich Congregational Church.
"The Lizards in the Hayloft" is a folk band made up of musicians from New Ipswich and Ashby MA. They have played at festivals in Groton, Fitchburg, Townsend, Ashby, and Mason. Band members include NIHS Trustee John Rosenfelder, as well as:
- Fiddler Christine Anderson, of New Ipswich, who has played with many Celtic, Finnish and bluegrass bands in the Boston area.
- Bass player Stephan Arsenault of Ashby, a Berkeley trained jazz musician, member of several jazz and classical ensembles.
- Mark Haines, banjo player, along with Cedwyn Morgan, mandolin, both from Ashby have played together in several bluegrass and folk groups.
- Sarah Rosenfelder, of New Ipswich, is a singer-song writer and multi-instrumentalist.
- Several of these musicians overlap with the band Oivan Ilo, which specializes in Finnish folk dance music. Oivan Ilo has played for Finn Fests in Minnesota, Michigan and Maine, and a Finn Fun Weekend in Troy NH. They are regulars at events in Saima Park in Fitchburg.
- The band will be joined by special guest, Eric Lilljequist, formerly of Ashburnham, who has been lead guitarist for Jonathan Edwards and Tom Rush. Eric can put on a show all by himself!
The concert will present a musical time line of 1700’s through the present, with tidbits of New Ipswich history thrown in.
Please join us on October 12th to help celebrate the New Ipswich Historical Society’s 100-year anniversary. Admission is free and open to the public.
This promises to be a memorable event!